How many business owners, busy moms and CEO’s are having a hard time just GETTING through their day? Too many! You see it on tv and hear it on the radio, read in the paper that our country is sick! Also we are overweight and dependent on drugs to help us ‘achieve health.’
Our country has a hustle mentality (which I respect!) However, often we hustle and grind and provide for our companies or families without stopping even for a second to check on OURSELVES.
Soccer practice, PTO meetings and dance classes are absolutely a priority but they are far from the most important thing on your list. It is your health that is most important. If you are not productive, the entire household or business can suffer.
Here is what you can do about it:
1. Make yourself a priority. We hear often about self-love and self- care. It is REAL! Personally, I was not aware of its importance until a major road block in my professional career which led to serious health issues. As soon as I took extra time for rest, sleep, daily movement, chiropractic, acupuncture and self love, I noticed major changes in my personal life and professional life- almost as if the world unfolded in my favor when I WAS actually a tad selfish. *(Not a typo- very common amongst successful women all over the globe- try it and find out!) Your business, kids, and spouse will thank you.
It takes some getting used to, especially if you have been used to putting everyone else first for many years of your entire life-- you have been warned!
2. Move your body EVERY single day. Whether a long walk, a jog, yoga, a video at home or pushing your kids in the stroller and playing at the park- we need to sweat daily. I am regimented in my schedule, a jog here, a video there and on weekends fun random eI am regimented in my schedule, a jog here, a video there and on weekends fun random exercise such as diving, fishing or a long walk with my dogs to mix it up.
3. Think before you eat. Also eat dessert! Ask yourself, is this food healing my body or just satisfying a craving? You may find that with time and some changes to your kitchen cabinet’s contents that you will no longer crave the bad stuff as often. I am a big supporter of treating yourself when you feel, as long as it’s not ALL Day ,EVERY day. Balance is key!
4. Read or listen to Personal Development books or Podcasts. At the least on your workdays. Once a section of the bookstore I felt had a stigma- now myself and my circle feel that a life without personal development is not a life worth living! Two years ago I experienced a bout of depression and daily reading, listening was a MAJOR key in my healing process. There is no need to waste your precious time listening to music that is not growing you. A wealth of free podcasts are available for free to you on many apps and Itunes. You can listen to during your commute, exercise, etc. A few personal favorites are EO Fire, The Charged Life, and The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes.
5. Get in tune with your mind. Look into meditation.
6. Get your spine and nerve system checked by a Structural Chiropractor- regularly. I do not mean go in there when you are in pain and cannot function. Pain relief is only a SMALL percentage of what chiropractic is meant to do for you and your kids!
Making it a part of your routine (1-4 times a month depending on your condition) will pay dividends for your family’s overall health and happiness. Regular chiropractic checkups lead to a clear, healthy nerve system. Your nerve system controls all of your body’s systems so it makes sense that this habit leads to: Better immune health, better energy, better sleep, quicker recovery from injuries, better sports performance, increased happiness, the list goes on. And yes, there is a TON of research out there proving it is safe, effective and affordable for the entire family!
Please share this with someone you care about!
These two words can conjure up many images in the mind of a person, ugly or possibly just the ocean floor if you are m...The Six Simplest Steps to Regaining Your Energy and Happiness
How many business owners, busy moms and CEO’s are having a hard time just GETTING through their day? Too many! You se...